Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Leaders: My Savior and My Husband

My husband is a leader.  It is lonely at the top from what he says.  It was lonely for Jesus too.  All of His friends left him in His greatest time of need.  His best friend denied that he even knew Jesus, three times.  Jesus is our ultimate model of what a leader is.  My husband relies on his Savior to see him through the times in life that are too great for him to bear alone. That alone makes him a great leader.
A leader is a servant.  Our leader in life, Jesus, came to serve, not to be served.  He tells us that we should do the same.  I cannot say that I have arrived to servant hood as of yet.  However, my husband is a servant.  He has served me every day since I met him, whether I deserved it or not. He serves his country every day.  He lays down his life for others.  Like my Savior, he is a man I want to follow.  He is a man I trust.  I love him.
A leader loves, not himself, but those who he leads.  Jesus loves us, deserving or not.   He is not a respecter of persons as it says in the Word of God.   He is the Good Shepherd and He lay down His life for His sheep, for all sheep.  Have you trusted Him with your life?  Have you allowed Him to lead you? I have, and though it may not always be easy, it is the only way to live.  I fail, often, but He will never leave me or forsake me.
A leader is wise.  He is does not rush his decisions, but he carefully weighs them and considers not his own good, but the good of those who follow him.  Again, Jesus laid down His life for us.  It cost Him everything, but He considered not Himself.  My husband does not look out for himself either, but for those who follow him, whether it be his family or his men.
I am not a leader...yet.  However, as I spend my days being led by Jesus and following my husband, I pray that I begin to showcase some of the qualities they have shown me.  Thank you Father in heaven for giving me a husband who loves and obeys you.  Thank you Father ever more for a Savior who never fails to lead his sheep by His example of unselfish love .

No comments:

Post a Comment