Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Long Awaited Skype Date gone BAD

It was a Sunday like any other for us.  Church, grocery store, home for lunch and thankfully on this day a family Skype date was set for around noon.  My two little girls and I were to meet my husband for a half hour of technological bliss between the Rocky Mountains and the deserts of Afghanistan.  Oh joy...I love these times.  My husband can see how his girls have been growing and hopefully the opposite for his wife.  Yes, I do exercise and try to eat healthy despite my love of dark chocolate, therefore I should not be growing.  Anyway, I rushed home, fed the girls, put on my lipstick, fixed my hair and finally received the phone call queuing me to head to the computer.
Ahhh....I sat down, baby on lap, two year old standing by, and PROJECTILE VOMIT out of the mouth of my 9 month old immediately following the initial hellos.  Poor little baby.  My husband burst into laughter, I screamed, I laughed too and then the tears began to flow.  Why right then? She was covered, I was covered.  My two year old headed for baby wipes and towels as instructed by her father over the computer screen.  So far, great Skype date.  We hung up until the mess was cleaned and I could think clearly.
My husband apologized and showed me such loving sympathy.  I am so thankful for his love and concern for us.  It is never about him, he always makes myself and the girls the priority of every situation...small or great.  Our date continued without issue until the goodbyes when my little two year old decided to bite me on the arm.  For obvious reasons, she was acting out her emotions.  It hurt though and I screamed and my husband displayed his disappointment with her.  He encouraged her to apologize and behave.  She concurred until later that evening when she hit her sister on the head with a doll car seat and wet her pants on the kitchen floor.  I love her, I truly love this girl.  I cannot stay upset with her, because she is such a joy in my life.  I have to laugh it off and remember I will miss these days.  Wow, writing is fun.  I don't have to tell the truth of how I really responded to the accident on the kitchen floor.  I am such a saint!  Anyhow, we said our goodbyes to Daddy and the Skype date ended.
The day may have been a rough one for me, however the love of a family can conquer mishaps.  Just seeing my husband's smile and hearing his voice reminded me why I love being with my girls and supporting him in the way I care for them.  It is not always easy, but Skype days are better than others for this family no matter what happens!
Lord, may we get through this deployment with your strength and the love of your Son.  My you guide us and strengthen our love for one another, with or without communication.  Be our help in time of need.  Pick us up when things happen outside the view of one another.  Grow our love, our patience and our reliance on you.  You bring good out of every situation.  Praise be to Your Holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment