My husband fixes everything. If it falls, he puts it back, if it shatters, he repairs it, if it crawls, he catches it! If there is a problem in the house, he is the man. He fixes me too. I fall apart sometimes and my loving husband is right there to pick me up and piece me back together. He so gently encourages me to continue on or he holds me until I have enough strength to get up again. We all fall down, but when we have that one person who can pick us up, dust us off and set us back on the right path we should considered ourselves blessed beyond measure.
Although we reside on opposite sides of the world, my husband still has the ability to shift the tide in my day. The sound of his voice can calm and delight me. The words he writes to me bring me comfort and fill me the knowledge of his love. I know that physical distance will never pry us apart. He is still the person I run to, and nothing will change that. However what happens when I can't reach him?
This may sound strange after what I just wrote, but people cannot fill every void in our heart. As a woman I rely so heavily upon my husband and I allow him first place in my heart sometimes. However, I believe Jesus would like to be on the throne in my heart and reside in first place always. Jesus says I should run to him. But wait a minute, God blessed me with a man who is there for me. Is he not able to fix all of my problems and be my all in all? No, that is not the way God intended it to be.
The Lord has been teaching me during this separation from my husband that He is the one who is always with me, and will never leave me. He is the one who is always there. His Word never fails and He has set his love upon me from the moment I was conceived. He is the greatest handyman that ever was. God has been fixing people and fixing their problems since time began. Why go to man for a temporary fix when we can go to God for an eternal fix?
Though I am blessed without a doubt by my husband and his love, my relationship with God has carried me through this time and every difficult time I have had to face in my life. The reality is that Ethan cannot always be right by my side. I am going to fall when he is on the other side of the world. But that is okay, because I have a Savior who will pick me up and put me back together when Ethan can't. Truly, a Savior saves. Redundant as that may sound, who better to fix us than the one who designed us to begin with!
As I grow in my own walk with my Savior, I learn to run to him so that there are times when I can be the one to put others back together.
No comments:
Post a Comment